When the unfortunate happens and you find yourself sitting behind bars, there is still something you can do to regain home. By posting bail, you can get yourself out of jail and back home. While you can’t change the fact that your arrest happened, you can work toward a better outcome by returning to your life.
Our team is here to help you access affordable bail bonds in South Boston, VA. We can work with you to ensure that the process goes smoothly and that you get out of jail quickly. We know that the less time you spend behind bars, the better.
To that end, we are here to help you as you prepare to post bail. Check out the following tips, which will help make the process smooth and fast.
#1: Gather Information About The Arrest
The more you know about what happened during your arrest, the better. Information that you want to gather during this period include the following:
- Why you were arrested. Find out what charges you are facing. This will be helpful information to have as you move forward.
- Where you are being held. Make sure you know what jail you are being held in. This will make it much easier when you reach out for help to post bail.
- What your bail amount is. Once the booking process is done, if you have committed what is considered a bailable offense, a judge will set your bail amount. It is important that you know what this amount is so you can make appropriate plans for posting bail.
By gathering this information, you will make the rest of the process of posting bail much faster. If you are hoping to post bail on behalf of a loved one, gather all of the above information about their situation, as well as their full name and date of birth.
If for some reason you can’t get some of the above info, don’t hesitate to still move on to your next steps. You can always get help from a bail bondsman in accessing all the information you need.
#2: Determine Your Financial Situation
Once you have a good idea of the situation you are in, spend some time considering what finances you have available for posting bail. Will you be able to finance the bail amount on your own? If so, will that leave you in a difficult situation when your bills come due?
Do you need to ask a family member or friend for help posting bail? If so, will they be able to afford the total cost?
If you don’t feel like you have the finances necessary to post bail, which is often the case, don’t fret. Bail bondsmen literally exist for this reason. It is not at all uncommon for bail to be set at such a high amount the average person has no way of paying it on their own.
#3: Contact A Bail Bondsman
One of the best ways to prepare for posting bail is to contact a bail bondsman. A bail bondsman in South Boston will have the experience and resources you need to make posting bail simple. They will also allow you to pay only a percentage of the total bail owed. This makes it a great option for those who do not have the financial means to afford bail on their own.
Once you contact a bail bondsman, the process of securing a bail bond begins. The following outlines how the process will work.
The Process Of Securing A Bail Bond
- You contact the bondsman and provide them with basic information.
- The bail bondsman goes over the financing options available to you.
- You pay the bail bondsman a fee, also called a bail premium.
- The bail bondsman posts bail on your behalf.
- The jail releases you.
Remember, in posting bail, you are promising to return for your court date. It is critical that you do everything that is required by the courts, as well as by your bondsman. This will ensure that you do not wind up with a new warrant out for your arrest.
If you are preparing to post bail in South Boston, VA, please contact our team for help. We work around the clock to help people like you secure their freedom fast.